Personal Information we collect
We collect Personal Information (information that can be used to identify an individual) such as
- Contact information (such as email, phone, and mailing address)
- Order information
- Other information we collect
We may collect information about your use of The Site, such as
- IP address and information about the device you use to access the Platform
- Personal Information that you submit via an inquiry is collected only with your knowledge and active participation
To find out more about cookies, including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our website features.
How we use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries
- Send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- Administer promotions or contests in which you choose to participate
- Facilitate social sharing functionality
- Analyze and monitor The Site usage and to make improvements
- Contact you about other eSMMART services or those of our affiliates or other third parties, if you agree
- To contact you, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire
- Perform other activities with your consent
- Conduct data analysis, audits, develop new products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
How we share Personal Information
We will only share Personal Information collected through The Site as described in this policy, unless we provide you with choices. Specifically, we may share your Personal Information
- With companies and vendors that help us to operate our business by providing services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services
- With third parties that have contracted with eSMMART to perform certain functions on our behalf
- To contact you, directly or through a third party vendor, about other eSMMART offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends
- To contact you, directly or through a third party vendor, regarding your responses to a survey or questionnaire completed by you
- With third parties sponsors of promotions or contests in which you choose to participate
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas, or other requests from public and government agencies, including laws and other legal obligations outside your country of residence
- To protect our rights, operations or property, or that of our users
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of The Sites terms and conditions
- With other companies that are owned by eSMMART as allowed by law. eSMMART is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- With a purchaser of all or a unit of eSMMART (or the majority of eSMMART or its unit’s assets), a merger, acquisition, or internal reorganization of eSMMART or a unit of eSMMART
- With your consent
Please note that any information you post to public areas of The Site such as on our social media pages may be seen by other visitors.
You can choose not to provide us Personal Information when you use The Site. However if the information request is not identified as optional and you choose to not provide required Personal information, then you may not be able to use the features of The Site.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email from The Site by following the unsubscribe link in those email messages. You can opt out of receiving SMS text messages from eSMMART by replying STOP to any message.
You can configure your browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. However, if you reject cookies, The Site may not operate properly.
How you can access or edit your Personal Information
You may edit your Personal Information by logging into your account and clicking to update your profile. Please note, that consistent with local law, eSMMART may retain your Personal Information for auditing purposes, to troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our policies or comply with legal requirements. Please note that we are not responsible for permitting you to review, or for updating or deleting Personal Information that you provide to a third party, including any app, social media platform, or wireless service provider.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with The Site.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Use of the Platform by minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through The Site.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through The Site.
Notice to European Users
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and sets forth principles for its use. One principle states that information must be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that You are entitled to know how we intend to use any information You provide. You can then decide whether You want to give personal information to us. Details are publicly available at www.ico.gov.uk or from:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Fax: 01625 524510
The Data Protection Act does not generally apply to data about limited companies or partnerships, but it does cover personal data relating to sole traders and partnerships. When we receive an application from a business, we may perform a search with a credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency on the individual company directors or partners.
Order Information provided by you to eSMMART will be transferred outside of the European Union to the United States. By providing personal information to eSMMART, you are consenting to the transfer of such information outside of the EU and to its storage and use as described herein.
How to contact eSMMART regarding your privacy concerns and questions
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, or if you want eSMMART to correct your Information that is stored on eSMMART, please submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to our ability to verify your request, eSMMART will correct the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.