The Senior Living Industry
This six-part course describes the residences that are know, in aggregate, as the Senior Living Industry. From Active Adult through Nursing Homes, this course describes each type of living arrangement, including typical costs, size, amenities and funding sources, as well as the characteristics of typical residents and how quality is monitored.
There are two versions of this courses (both of which are included upon purchase) --- the U.S. version and the Canadian version. The U.S. 9-course bundle also includes both the U.S. version and the Canadian version.
This course includes the film, Almost Home, where you follow the lives of residents and staff in a typical mid-west Nursing Home.
As a result of this course, you will:
- Learn how terminology creates confusion in the minds of the public
- Understand the characteristics of each type of residence and of the people who live there
- Learn about the different types of retirement community contracts and what they cover
- Learn about organizations that monitor quality in senior living settings
- Understand why the lines between levels of care in many settings are blurring
- Learn about the Eden Alternative and the Greenhouse Project, two movements that are transforming how long term care is provided.
NASMM Pricing $29.00*
*To receive NASMM only pricing, promo code must be presented at checkout.
Refunds will not be given if you forget to use the promo code.
I am purchasing for: